Date(s) - September 22, 2018 - September 23, 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Calabogie Motorsports Park
Categories No Categories
THE SERIES & THE RACING: ChumpCar Canada (“ChumpCar”) is a “series of automotive endurance races held on premier road race courses across Canada”. Since 2014, we have participated in races at Mosport, Calabogie and Watkins Glen. In 2018, DriveTeq plans to take part in 3 of the Canadian races (see below).
The cars have a low market values but are required to be properly prepared with racing safety equipment. There are reasonably detailed rules of participation but the bar for racing experience is relatively low. DriveTeq’s emphasis is on seat time, having a great experience racing on a lower budget, learning about yourself and racing (& practising) and having some group fun! All of the races are endurance races of one sort or another. Many are double 7 or 8 hour races. If you’d like to know more about the series, you can visit www.chumpcarcanada.com.
- #666 – Our sweet VW Rabbit GTi Mk1 race car has survived our first 4 years of ChumpCar. Cleverly disguised as a box of breakfast cereal, our Cereal Killa has brought down many a knight in shining armour. We have often heard on their retreat “Run away, run away”. The car handles very well and is reasonably fast on the straights. An absolute blast to drive. Safety – FIA approved roll cage, fire suppression system, fuel cell, front and rear bumpers, 2-way radio, and lights to name a few things.
- #667 – Our brawny VW Golf GTi Mk4 race car will makes it ChumpCar debut in 2018. The striking blue OCC Lasik livery is our welter-weight hard punching barn-stormer with roots in European endurance racing for the last couple of years. Tremendous road feel, handling, and power are the hallmark of this bruiser. Safety accessories exceed ChumpCar and local CASC requirements.
TRACK/LOCATION: Calabogie Motorsports Park (CMP), Calabogie, ON, near Ottawa. Designed by Allan Wilson and opened in 2006. Twenty turns, 5.05km (3.05mi), blind corners, elevation changes, and high tech asphalt make this track a must-drive.
EVENT DATE: September 22-23 – CALABOGIE MOTORSPORTS PARK: Double-8 (Ontario)
PARTICIPATION: Subject to agreement to terms and conditions contained in the DriveTeq Chump Agreement.
THE TEAM FORMAT: We are running a program that is consistent with the ChumpCar philosophy which is to have a lot of laughs racing cheap cars cheaply and safely. The program will be well organized, professional and efficient. We also want everyone to get a lot of seat time without killing you. We will have 4 drivers per car (“a Chump Driver” or “Chump Racer”) and try to divide the driving equally.
COST ELEMENTS: We have worked out a budget based upon the team structure set above. The cost per person includes:
- Race car build, set up and ongoing maintenance (tires, fluids, brakes, duct tape, expected general repairs)
- DriveTeq team personnel travel, food and accommodation
- Race entry fees
- Participant licensing fees
- DriveTeq team equipment
- DriveTeq race car gas
- DriveTeq race collision insurance, $3000 deductible
- DriveTeq team administration, organization and insurance
- Miscellaneous event costs
Cost exclusions for each Chump Racer are transportation to events, accommodation and food. You will need to get a fire suit, shoes, socks, underwear and gloves, a HANS device and a Snell 2010 or better closed face helmet.
COST PER RACE WEEKEND
- #666 – $3,000+HST per driver per race weekend.
- #667 – $3,450+HST per driver per race weekend.
- At bottom of this page, complete Booking process to register.
- Follow with payment to DriveTeq by interac e-transfer.
- Leave a comment below to advise experience level.
SCHEDULE: All races are on Saturday and Sunday. The planned 2018 racing schedule is:
- May 5-6 – SHANNONVILLE: Double-8 (Ontario)
- June 30/July 1 – CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORTS PARK (Mosport): Double-8 (Ontario)
- September 22-23 – CALABOGIE MOTORSPORTS PARK: Double-8 (Ontario)
Further questions, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. UNBELIEVABLE FUN!
Bookings are closed for this event.