Date(s) - September 17, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Track/Location: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport), Grand Prix Course (GP), Bowmanville, ON. Mosport is the fastest track in North America and third in the world. It has ten thrilling corners. Excellent conference facilities and ample exercise areas. Track provider is DriveTeq.
Event Date: September 17, 2018 (Monday)
DriveTeq GP Event Dates (10): May 4, May 24, June 12, June 29, July 9, July 18, August 16, September 5, September 17, October 11
DriveTeq DDT Event Dates (4): April 22, May 11, July 20, August 12
Event Format: 1-Day event; 3-group format (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced); 2.0 ++ hours of track time /day. Clearly defined driving etiquette and rules properly implemented to facilitate maximum enjoyment at each level. Novice track drivers welcome and made comfortable. Group in-car coaching for all novices included. Intermediate and Advanced drivers will be evaluated and coached to meet each driver’s needs. All drivers will have FUN.
1. Track Novice Program – Supervised Study
- Classroom Theory – understand the fundamentals of car control;
- Supervised Car Control Exercises – experience the fundamentals of car control in a safe dedicated area;
- In-car Group Coaching – experience driving on a track (closed road) to explore the skills of the driver and limits of the vehicle. Skills Focus – Vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control.
2. Track Intermediate Program – Transition from Supervised to Solo Study
- Set goals & discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques like visual vectoring, multi-input steering, G. loading, trail-steering, transitioning, heel & toe shifting, and driving in traffic and be mindful of the concepts of situational awareness and mechanical sympathy.
3. Track Advanced Program – Solo (Independent) Study
- High-functioning exceptionally experienced track drivers that are training to maximize the many cognitive and physical skills of inter-active track driving;
- Lots of track time with like drivers.
Cost: $650+HST ($734.50). Payment in advance by interac e-transfer or cheque to DriveTeq.
- Helmets (Snell 2010, later) for Intermediate and Advanced, mandatory. Helmet rental – $30+HST ($33.90). Please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer in advance;
- In-car group instruction;
- Lunch and water provided for all drivers. Guest charge is $30+HST ($33.90) each. Please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer in advance;
- Anatomy of a DriveTeq DE track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2015/03/anatomy-of-a-driveteq-driver-education-track-day/
- Preparing for a DriveTeq track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2018/02/preparing-for-a-driveteq-local-track-day/
- At bottom of this page, complete Booking process to register;
- Follow with payment to DriveTeq by interac e-transfer to complete registration;
Leave a comment below to advise experience level.
Terms & Conditions:
- Tech inspection STRONGLY SUGGESTED prior to event
- No refund due to weather, mechanical issues, other
Further questions, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. PROFESSIONALLY OPERATED, TERRIFIC DAYS, GREAT FUN !
Bookings are closed for this event.