Date(s) - June 13, 2020 - June 14, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Categories No Categories
TWO SERIES, TWO CARS & LOTS OF RACING: In Twenty20 DriveTeq plans to continue its “Arrive & Drive” endurance race program under ChampCar and Lucky Dog Racing Canada (LDRC) rules. Since 2014, DriveTeq has been participating in low budget, high value endurance racing in Ontario (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (nee Mosport, CTMP), Calabogie Motorsports Park (CMP), Shannonville Motorsports Park (SMP) and New York (Watkins Glen International (WGI)). Event formats are generally 7 or 8 hour races each day over a weekend.
DriveTeq’s emphasis is on the following:
- Seat time to improve car control and racecraft skills;
- Transitioning drivers from driver education lappers to racers;
- Driver safety;
- Team fun; and
- All on a modest budget!
In each of the two organizations that we plan to run in 2020, the bar for racing experience is relatively low. While the cars have low market/performance values, they are required to be properly prepared with racing safety equipment. ChampCar groups race cars by a predetermined value system based on age, engine displacement and modifications. LDRC groups cars by lap time during a qualifying period prior to each race weekend. In each case, the cars are required to be properly prepared with racing safety equipment. Overall, we expect at least 14 hours (or more) of drama, comedy, dance, and lots of fun. The following is each organization’s rules of participation:
- ChampCar (nee ChumpCar), visit www.champcar.org
- Lucky Dog Racing Canada (LDRC), visit www.racelucky.ca
- #821 – We are in the process of building a BMW E82 128i race car (Code Name: DT821) to Champcar specs. The car will be strong, fast, safe, and handle well. It should be ready by March 21st. Stay tuned for updates on the build.
- #666 – Our sweet VW Rabbit GTi Mk1 race car has survived 6 years of endurance racing. Cleverly disguised as a box of breakfast cereal, our Cereal Killa has brought down many a knight in shining armour. We have often heard on their retreat “Run away, run away”. The car handles very well and is exceptionally entertaining to drive. Safety – FIA approved roll cage, fire suppression system, fuel cell, front and rear bumpers, 2-way radio, and lights to name a few things.
|DriveTeq 2020 Racing Schedule|
|Sat||13-Jun||CTMP GP||ChampCar -7 hour||821|
|Sun||14-Jun||CTMP GP||ChampCar -7 hour|
TRACK/LOCATION: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Grand Prix Course (GP), (Mosport), Bowmanville, ON. Mosport is the fastest track in North America and third in the world. It has ten thrilling corners.
EVENT DATE: June 13-14, 2020 – CTMP with ChampCar
PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT: Subject to agreement to terms and conditions contained in the DriveTeq Racing Agreement.
THE TEAM FORMAT: We are running a program that is consistent with our philosophy which is to have a lot of laughs racing well prepared, less expensive cars (delivering big value) on an economic and safe basis. The program is well organized, professional and efficient. We also want everyone to get a lot of seat time without stressing you. The BMW and Rabbit will be driven by 5 and 4, respective drivers per race day on an equitable basis.
COST ELEMENTS (What you are paying for): We have worked out a budget based upon the team structure set above. The cost per person includes:
- Race car build, set up and ongoing maintenance (tires, fluids, brakes, duct tape, expected general repairs)
- DriveTeq staff personnel travel, food and accommodation
- Race entry fees
- DriveTeq’s race equipment
- DriveTeq race car gas
- DriveTeq race collision insurance – BMW $5000, Rabbit $3000 deductibles, (over-revs excluded)
- DriveTeq administration, organization and insurance
- Miscellaneous event costs
Cost exclusions for each participant racer are transportation to events, accommodation, food and annual participant licensing fees for each series. You will need to get a fire suit, shoes, socks, underwear and gloves, HANS device and a Snell 2010 or better closed face helmet, preferably with built-in IMSA style communication.
COST PER RACE WEEKEND:
- #821 – $3250+HST ($3672.50) per driver per race weekend. Five (5) drivers;
- #666 – $3000+HST ($3390) per driver per race weekend. Four (4) drivers.
- At bottom of this page, select the race car and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
Important Notes: Unpaid or partially paid applicants are subject to cancellation without notice.
Further questions and how to get involved, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. UNBELIEVABLE FUN!