Date(s) - March 23, 2020 - March 24, 2020
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Virginia International Raceway
Track/Location: Virginia International Raceway, Alton, VA. VIR is one of the great technical and fast track Road Trip destinations. It is a historic track that hosts several top races. It combines technical elements with high speed. Two days at the 5.26k (3.27mile) Full Course. The facilities are outstanding. Track provider is Track Daze.
Event Dates: March 23-24, 2020 (Monday & Tuesday)
Weather: Historic daytime highs temperatures for March 23-24 – 17C (63F)
Package Inclusions: One-on-one coaching by one of our professional coaches; Accommodation from Sunday night to Wednesday morning; share of 6 track-side garages, catered “Southern” breakfast and lunch, all-day water; Pre-departure briefing/update including equipment requirements; general event logistics support; convoy support if you travel with us; alternate route travel options.
Additional Info: We provide an experience/adventure program. We employ consistent professional coaching techniques and curriculum. We add to your safety at the track and WE HAVE FUN!
Tactical Program: On Wednesday, March 25th, we plan to offer a 4-hour tactical Navy Seals training program that includes driving SUVs on dirt/mud track, introduction to life-saving exercises and hand-gun target practice and competition. Still no hand-to-hand combat – in the past, some of you got a little too carried away.
Travel Info: Our convoy to VIR will normally depart in one or two waves. Most will depart on Saturday, March 21 and split the journey over two days. Others can leave Toronto very early on March 22 and drive for approximately 12 hours covering approximately 1200kms.
Enclosed Vehicle Transport: Service provided by TFX International. Cost is $2000 per vehicle based on a payload of 6 vehicles. Drivers transporting via TFX will have to obtain a carnet customs document (think vehicle passport) to ensure trouble-free passage in both directions cross border. The application process for a carnet is online (you will need to create an account) – http://www.chamber.ca/carnet/how-to-apply-for-a-carnet/.
Air Travel: Private plane from Toronto, ON to Danville, VA, and return arranged on request. Danville is 20 minutes from the track. Closest commercial airports are Raleigh, VA and Greensboro, NC (both 1 hour, 20 minutes from the track).
Event Format: 2-Day event; 4 group format, novice, intermediate, advanced and instructor. Novice drivers will receive 3×30 minute sessions in the morning. All others will get 3.5 hours of track time each day. Open track from 3:30 to 5:30 to drive the wheels of your car.
- Gold – Event, accommodation (3 nights), shared garages, 2-days coaching, 2 meals (breakfast & lunch)/day – $3250
- Silver – Event, accommodation (3 nights), shared garages, 1-day coaching, 2 meals/day – $2750
- Bronze – Event, accommodation (3 nights), shared garages, no coaching, 2 meals/day – $2250
Payment by interact e-transfer or cheque.
Exclusions: Generally anything not included is excluded. More specifically, your gas, equipment transport, personal transportation, and dinners. Accommodation and meals on the way to and from the track.
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment to DriveTeq will complete the registration process.
Terms & Conditions:
- Track Daze General Event & Driving Rules
- Technical Inspection Form, required
- Medical Information Form, optional
- No refund due to weather, mechanical issues, other.
Further questions, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. YOU WILL HAVE FUN!