Date(s) - March 22, 2023 - March 23, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Virginia International Raceway
Track/Location: Virginia International Raceway, Alton, VA. VIR is one of the great technical and fast track Road Trip destinations. It is a historic track that hosts several top races. It combines technical elements with high speed. Track configuration is the 5.26k (3.27mile) Full Course. Day-1 caters to a full variety of drivers and days-3 & 4, open track for advanced drivers only. The facilities are outstanding. Track providers are Track Daze (Tues) and David Murry Track Days (Weds-Thurs). Space is limited.
Event Dates: March 21-23, 2023 (Tues, Weds, & Thurs – 3 DAYS)
Note: Seconded leg of a 2-track road trip over 6 days to Road Atlanta and Virginia International Raceway.
Package Inclusions: Shared coaching by one of our professional coaches; Accommodation is limited and will be on a first come, first secured basis; Shared accommodation (2) on Monday night to Wednesday nights; share of 6 trackside garages, continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks; Pre-departure briefing/update including equipment requirements; general event logistics support; convoy support if you travel with us; alternate route travel options.
Additional Info: We provide an experience/adventure program. We employ consistent professional coaching techniques and curriculum. We add to your safety at the track and WE HAVE FUN!
Travel Info: Our convoy to VIR will normally depart in one or two waves. Most will depart on Saturday, March 18 and split the journey over two days. Others can leave Toronto very early on March 20 and drive for approximately 12 hours covering approximately 1200kms.
Enclosed Vehicle Transport: Service provided by TFX International. Cost is estimated at $2500 per vehicle based on a payload of 6 vehicles. Drivers transporting via TFX will have to obtain a carnet customs document (think vehicle passport) to ensure trouble-free passage in both directions cross border. The application process for a carnet is online (you will need to create an account) – http://www.chamber.ca/carnet/how-to-apply-for-a-carnet/. (This process should be started 4 weeks in advance ideally. It can be done on an abridged basis but best not to make it exciting.)
Air Travel: Private plane from Toronto, ON to Danville, VA, and return arranged on request. Danville is 20 minutes from the track. Closest commercial airports are Raleigh, VA and Greensboro, NC (both 1 hour, 20 minutes from the track).
Event Format: 3-Day event.
- First day (Tues), 4 group format, novice, intermediate, advanced, and instructors. Four 30 minute sessions for each group per day.
- Second and third days (Weds-Thurs), open track.
- Gold – Event, shared accommodation (2), shared garages, 2-days shared coaching, 2 meals (breakfast & lunch)/day – $5000
- Silver – Event, shared accommodation (2), shared garages, 1-day shared coaching, 2 meals/day – $4500
- Bronze – Event, shared accommodation (2), shared garages, no coaching, 2 meals/day – $4000
Private accommodation, if available – add $525
Half-day tactical program – add $500
Payment by interact e-transfer or cheque.
Exclusions: Generally anything not included is excluded. More specifically, your gas, equipment transport, personal transportation, and dinners. Accommodation and meals on the way to and from the track including Thursday night.
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment to DriveTeq will complete the registration process.
Terms & Conditions:
- Track Daze General Event & Driving Rules
- Technical Inspection Form, required
- Medical Information Form, optional
- There will be no technical inspection at DMTD events. Each participant will bear sole responsibility for vehicle preparation, maintenance and safety.
- All vehicles will have legible, contrasting numbers. Numbers no less than 10 inches high will be displayed on left and right sides and numbers no less than 6 inches high will be displayed on a vertical surface on the back of the vehicle.
- Drivers and passengers will have equal restraints.
- SNELL/Current helmets are mandatory. HANS devices, fireproof clothing, shoes and gloves are recommended.
- No refund due to weather, mechanical issues, other for either event.
Further questions, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. YOU WILL HAVE FUN!
Log in if you already have an account with us.