Date(s) - August 28, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
COVID-19: DriveTeq will meet all provincial, municipal, and venue regulations/restrictions re COVID-19 at the time of the event. Notice of such regulations/restrictions will be by a driver confirmation email about a week prior to every event. Stay safe.
Track/Location: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Driver Development Track (DDT), Bowmanville, ON. Perfect training facility – classroom, large exercise area, skidpad, and technically challenging 3km multi-elevation training track. Track provider is DriveTeq.
Event Date: August 28, 2022 (Sunday)
DriveTeq GP Event Dates (15): April 29, May 5*, May 13*, May 31, June 14, June 15*, June 27, July 11, July 26, August 16, August 29, September 12, September 26, October 6, October 17
DriveTeq DDT Event Dates (4): April 24, May 6, June 19, August 28*
* denotes “Specialty”:
- Two (2) Group Intermediate/Advanced event; or
- Three (3) Group driver education/Group 133 sprint race series race event
- For details, please visit specific event date information page in our schedule
Event Format: 1-Day event; 3 group format (SOLO Intermediate 2 & Advanced combined, Intermediate 1 & Novice combined, and Group 133 Sprint Race); lots of track time/day. Program designed to safely introduce Novice drivers to the track through classroom discussion, skills development exercises, and on-track in-car instruction. Intermediate 1 drivers will forgo the classroom and exercises and will be trained by our on-track in-car coaches until such time that they can successfully solo. For experienced SOLO drivers, controlled passing in designated areas with a signal/point-by. For Group 133 racers, program designed for both experienced racers and to safely introduce qualified drivers to sprint racing.
- Track Novice Program – Supervised Study
- Classroom Theory – understand the fundamentals of car control;
- Supervised Car Control Exercises – experience the fundamentals of car control in a safe dedicated area;
- On-track in-car Group Coaching – experience driving on a track (closed road) to explore the skills of the driver and limits of the vehicle. Skills Focus – vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control.
- Track Intermediate 1 Program – Transition to Solo Study
- Set goals & discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques with a on-track in-car coach.
- Track Intermediate 2 Program – Solo (Independent) Study; Developing Critical Car Control Skills
- Set personal goals with an option to discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques like visual vectoring, multi-input steering, G. loading, trail-steering, transitioning, heel & toe shifting, and driving in traffic and be mindful of the concepts of situational awareness and mechanical sympathy.
- Track Advanced Program – Solo (Independent) Study; Highly Developed Critical Car Control Skills
- High-functioning exceptionally experienced track drivers that are training to maximize the many cognitive and physical skills of inter-active track driving;
- Lots of track time with like drivers.
- Group 133 Sprint Race Program – the next level to utilize critical driving skills and develop racecraft
- Sessions include 1 practice (@20 min), 1 qualifying (@20 min), and 2 race (@~30-35 mins)
- Rules Set (incl. driver quali, safety gear & car tech) & Cost TBA
Regular Cost: $475+HST ($536.75). Payment in advance by interac e-transfer or cheque to DriveTeq. Cost for Group 133 Sprint Race Program: TBA
Early Payment Discounts:
- Payment received 2 weeks prior to event – $450+HST ($508.50)
* To be used in 2022
- SOLO drivers – helmets (Snell 2015, later) for Intermediate and Advanced, mandatory. Helmet rental – $30+HST ($33.90). Please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer not less than 48 hours in advance;
- Group 133 racers – rule set (incl. driver quali, safety gear & car tech), TBA
- Lunch and water provided for all drivers and racers (Guests & Crew Extra $). Guests dependent on COVID-19 threat at time of event. If allowed, please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer not less than 48 hours in advance;
- Anatomy of a DriveTeq DE track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2015/03/anatomy-of-a-driveteq-driver-education-track-day/
- Preparing for a DriveTeq track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2018/02/preparing-for-a-driveteq-local-track-day/
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
- Early payment discounts will only be honoured if the funds are received by DriveTeq within the payment window noted above; and,
- Unpaid or partially paid applicants are subject to cancellation without notice.
Terms & Conditions:
- Tech inspection STRONGLY SUGGESTED prior to event;
- No refund due to weather, mechanical issues, other; event is operated rain or shine
Further questions, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. PROFESSIONALLY OPERATED, EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, HUGE FUN !