Date(s) - February 12, 2022
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Pinestone Resort & Conference Centre
Ready: COVID-19 – DriveTeq will meet all provincial, municipal, and venue regulations/restrictions re COVID-19 at the time of the event. Notice of such regulations/restrictions will be by a driver confirmation email about a week prior to every event. Stay safe.
Set: DriveTeq will operate its Extreme Winter Driver Training event on the pond at the Pinestone Resort & Conference Centre, Haliburton, Ontario on Fridays and Saturdays each week, starting on Friday, January 28, 2022, until mid-March, weather permitting. Our planned Saturday DriveTeq Winter Challenge “arrive & drive” race program is on hold for now BUT in our usual way, we’re preparing in case we can add it. Stay tuned for more on this front.
The training program designed to test and improve the skills of all drivers either in their OWN VEHICLES OR BETTER, in our low-cost automatic transmission, rear-wheel drive, heated, studded tire rentals on a low friction surface. This incredible experience to train on ice on a closed-road/(pond) course is designed to improve each driver’s car control skills and confidence to later utilize during the “fair-weather” season on wet and dry pavement. We help folks accomplish their driving goals with lots of seat time coupled with lower speed, lower grip fun, in a controlled environment. Participants can challenge themselves by driving to/at the limit of the vehicle’s grip while accelerating, braking, and cornering with other drivers in the most extreme winter conditions. Don’t miss out on this limited opportunity to practice with slippery conditions to build great driving skills, all while having incredible FUN.
Have a group of 12 drivers and want your own event, contact us.
Go: Register now as there is only a limited number of places for each event day.
Date: February 12, 2022 (Saturday)
Full List of Dates for Driver Training: Friday & Saturday, each week, weather permitting, until March 13. Other dates are available for private events. Stay tuned in the event we elect or are required to make changes or add dates!
Travel Info: Estimate 2.5 hours driving from GTA.
Event Format: 1-Day event; 2 group format (Novice/Intermediate and Intermediate/Advanced); est. 2 hours+ track time /day.
- Training/lapping for Novice, Intermediate and Advanced drivers.
- Optional half-day coaching geared to each individual. Focus on car control through vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control.
- Qualified lappers, $450+HST, pre-registered, $600+HST ($678), within 24 hours of the event if space
- Coaching (shared) $375+HST ($423.75), pre-registered
- Studded Ice Racer Rental: Lexus – rear-drive car, studded tires, auto tranny, 2-seats, heater box – $500+HST ($565.00) per driver
Accommodation: IS RIGHT NEXT TO THE CIRCUIT! – Recommend – Pinestone Resort & Conference Centre, 4252 County Road 21, Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0. Reservations at 705-457-1800 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting name, date(s), and room code below. Standard Resort Room, Double or Queen beds. DriveTeq daily preferred guestroom rate are below ans subject to availability. Cancellation up to 24 hours prior arrival, otherwise full payment taken. Check-in time is 4:00pm. Room configurations as follows:
|1||Standard Resort Double or Queen|
|2||Standard Resort Double or Queen|
|3||Standard Resort Queen (with pullout couch)|
|4||Standard Resort King (with pullout couch)|
|5||One Bedroom Vila (Two queen beds)|
|6||Two Bedroom Vila (Two queen beds in each room)|
|7||Two Bedroom Chalet (Two double beds in each room)|
|8||Two Bedroom Chalet King (King bed in room one, Two doubles in room two)|
|Rooms range from $115 to $299|
|Rate based on single or double occupancy per room per night + HST (13%)|
|$10 per each additional guest for Standard Rooms|
|Pre and post rates are subject to availability|
Dinner: As of January 31, 2022, Ontario plans to restrict in-door dining to 50% capacity. For our event on January 28 & 29, the Pinestone has graciously offered our guests a “grab & go” option for breakfast and takeout service for lunch and dinner. On subsequent weekends, we’re hoping to eat all of our meals in the Pinestone Resort dining room right next to the circuit (in compliance with prevailing regulations).
- Rental cars, additional terms and conditions will apply;
- No refund due to weather or mechanical issues. Event will be operated ice, snow, rain and/or shine;
- All meals are the responsibility of the driver. See dinner recommendation above;
- Accommodation is the responsibility of the driver. See recommendation above.
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
Please call Gerry at 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730 for more information.