Date(s) - March 7, 2020
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Event: Extreme Winter Advanced Driver Training Day featuring an icy circuit at the Minden Fairgrounds, Minden, Ontario; home of weekend Ice Racing in Ontario for over 25 years. Program designed to test and improve the skills of all drivers either in their own vehicles or better, in our low-cost automatic transmission, rear-wheel drive, studded tire rentals on a low friction surface. The incredible opportunity is to improve each driver’s car control skills and confidence in order to get safer and better in every circumstance, all while having incredible FUN. The additional opportunity is to further each driver’s knowledge and experience to later utilize during the “fair-weather” season on wet and dry pavement. We help folks accomplish their driving goals with tons of seat time coupled with lower speed, lower grip fun, in a controlled environment. Participants can challenge themselves by driving to/at the limit of the vehicle’s grip while accelerating, braking, and cornering with other drivers in the most extreme winter conditions. Don’t miss out on a limited opportunity to practice in ideal conditions to build great driving skills. Organized by DriveTeq.
Date: March 7, 2020 (Saturday)
Travel Info: Estimate 2.5 hours driving from GTA.
Event Format: 1-Day event; 2 group format (Intermediate, Advanced); 3 hours+ track time /day.
1. Training/lapping for qualified intermediate and advanced drivers with formal track experience.
2. Optional half-day coaching geared to each individual. Focus on vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control as well as advanced driving techniques like visual vectoring, multi-input steering, trail-steering, and transitioning.
- Qualified lappers, $450+HST, pre-registered, $600+HST ($678) within 24 hours of the event)
- Coaching (shared) $350+HST ($395.50), pre-registered
- Studded Ice Racer Rental: Lexus – rear-drive car, studded tires, auto tranny, 2-seats, heater box – $450+HST ($508.50) per driver
Accommodation: Friday, March 6th – Recommend – Pinestone Resort & Conference Centre, 4252 County Road 21, Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0. Reservations at 705-457-1800. Resort Room, 2 double beds. Preferred DriveTeq rate is $115+HST, subject to availability. Use the code “DRIVE” to identify our group. Cancellation up to 24 hours prior arrival, otherwise full payment taken. Check-in time is 4:00pm.
Dinner: Friday, March 6th – Pinestone at 6:30pm. Advise Gerry or Rick that you would like to join the group.
- Helmet for drivers with studded tires optional;
- Rental cars, additional terms and conditions will apply;
- No refund due to weather or mechanical issues. Event will be operated ice, snow, rain and/or shine;
- All meals are the responsibility of the driver. See dinner recommendation above;
- Accommodation is the responsibility of the driver. See recommendation above.
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
Please call Gerry at 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730 for more information.
Bookings are closed for this event.