Date(s) - January 23, 2020
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Event: Extreme Winter Advanced Driver Training Day featuring an icy circuit at the Minden Fairgrounds, Minden, Ontario; home of weekend Ice Racing in Ontario for over 25 years. Program designed increase confidence in adverse conditions and to test and improve the skills of novice drivers either in their own vehicles or better, in our low-cost rear-wheel studded tire rentals on a low friction surface (0.08G). The incredible opportunity is to improve each driver’s car control skills and confidence in order to get safer in every circumstance, all while having incredible FUN. The additional opportunity is to further each driver’s knowledge and experience to later utilize during the “fair-weather” season on wet and dry pavement. We help folks accomplish their driving goals with tons of seat time coupled with lower speed, lower grip fun, in a controlled environment.Participants can challenge themselves by driving to/at the limit of the vehicle’s grip while accelerating, braking, and cornering with other drivers in the most extreme winter conditions. Don’t miss out on a limited opportunity to practice in ideal conditions to build great driving skills. Organized by DriveTeq.
Date: January 23, 2020 (Thursday)
Travel Info: Estimate 2.5 hours driving from GTA.
Event Format: 1-Day event; 2 groups of novices; 3 hours+ track time /day.
1. Novice Program includes the followings:
- Classroom Theory – understanding the fundamentals of car control;
- Supervised In-car Practise – group format; experiencing car control and exploring your limits;
- Skills Focus – Vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control.
- Driver with shared coach, $800+HST ($904), pre-registered
- Studded Ice Racer Rental: New for 2019, details – Lexus – rear-drive car, studded tires, auto tranny, 2-seats, heater box – $450+HST ($508.50) per driver
Accommodation: Wednesday, January 15th – Recommend – Pinestone Resort & Conference Centre, 4252 County Road 21, Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0. Reservations at 705-457-1800. Resort Room, 2 double beds. Preferred Sunday to Thursday DriveTeq rate is $115+HST, subject to availability. Use the code “DRIVE” to identify our group. Cancellation up to 24 hours prior arrival, otherwise full payment taken. Check-in time is 4:00pm.
Dinner: Wednesday, January 15th – Recommend – TBA. Advise Gerry or Rick that you would like to join the group.
- Helmet for drivers with studded tires optional;
- Rental cars, additional terms and conditions will apply;
- No refund due to weather or mechanical issues. Event will be operated ice, snow, rain and/or shine;
- All meals are the responsibility of the driver. See dinner recommendation above;
- Accommodation is the responsibility of the driver. See recommendation above.
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
Please call Gerry at 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730 for more information.