Date(s) - October 21, 2022 - October 23, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
TWO SERIES & LOTS OF RACING: In 2022 DriveTeq’s “Arrive & Drive” endurance race program will include Lucky Dog Racing Canada (LDRC) and American Endurance Racing (AER) rules. Since 2014, DriveTeq has been participating in low budget, high value endurance racing in Ontario (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (nee Mosport, CTMP), Calabogie Motorsports Park (CMP), Shannonville Motorsports Park (SMP) and New York (Watkins Glen International (WGI)). Event formats are generally 7 or 8 hour races each day over a weekend.
DriveTeq’s emphasis is on the following:
- Seat time to improve both driving and racing skills;
- Expanding & transitioning performance drivers’ driving ecosystem to include racing;
- Driver safety;
- Professional, organized, respectful, welcoming & fun culture; and
- A reasonable budget!
In each of the organizations that we plan to run in 2022, the bar for racing experience is relatively low. While the cars have low market/performance values, they are required to be properly prepared with racing safety equipment. Both AER and LDRC group race cars by lap time during a qualifying period prior for each race weekend. In each case, the cars are required to be properly prepared with racing safety equipment. Overall, we expect at least 14 to 16 hours (or more) of drama, comedy, dance, and lots of fun. The following is each organization’s rules of participation:
- Lucky Dog Racing Canada (LDRC), visit www.racelucky.ca
- American Endurance Racing (AER), visit www.americanenduranceracing.com
- #821 – Our beautiful BMW artcar inspired E82 128i #821 race car (Code Name: GINA) has been thoroughly tested over 9 race-weekends and numerous single-day rentals and found to be fast, safe, reliable, comfortable, and handles well. Join the team in 2022!
- #822 – Our latest BMW artcar inspired E82 128i #822 race car (Code Name: MARILYN) has been also tested during our 2021 race-weekends and rentals and equally found to be fast, safe, reliable, comfortable, and handles well. Join the team in 2022!
- #177 – The car that was responsible for all of the BMW E82 128i builds (Code Name: HULK) was built to be an example of low horsepower + great handling = astonishing lap times & driver satisfaction. Join the team in 2022.
DriveTeq 2022 Racing Schedule
|April||Sat||16-Apr||CTMP||LDRC – test|
|July||Fri||15-Jul||VIR – tentative||AER – practice|
|Sat||16-Jul||VIR – tentative||AER|
|Sun||17-Jul||VIR – tentative||AER|
|Fri||21-Oct||MidO||AER – practice|
TRACK/LOCATION:Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio. Yet another of the great historic North American racetracks and site for several famous races. Thirteen turns, 3.862km (2.4mi), including the famous Bus Stop, Keyhole, long downhill straight(ish), Madness, and “Esses”. Definitely a drivers track. Space is limited.
EVENT DATE: October 22-23, 2022 – Mid Ohio with AER; practice day on October 21
PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT: Subject to agreement to terms and conditions contained in the DriveTeq Racing Agreement.
THE TEAM FORMAT: We are running a program that is consistent with our philosophy which is to have a lot of laughs racing well prepared, less expensive cars (delivering big value) on an economic and safe basis. The program is well organized, professional and efficient. We also want everyone to get a lot of seat time without stressing you. Gina, Marilyn and the Hulk will be driven by 5 drivers per race day on an equitable basis.
COST ELEMENTS (What you are paying for): We have worked out a budget based upon the team structure set above. The cost per person includes:
- Race car build, set up and ongoing maintenance (tires, fluids, brakes, duct tape, expected general repairs)
- DriveTeq staff personnel travel, food and accommodation
- Race entry fees
- DriveTeq’s race equipment
- DriveTeq race car gas
- DriveTeq race collision insurance – $TBA deductible
- DriveTeq administration, organization and insurance
- Miscellaneous event costs
Cost exclusions for each participant racer are transportation to events, accommodation, food and annual participant licensing fees for each series. You will need to get a fire suit, shoes, socks, underwear and gloves, HANS device and a Snell 2015 or better closed face helmet, preferably with built-in IMSA style two-way radio communication.
COST PER RACE WEEKEND:
- #821 – $4500 per driver per race weekend for Mid Ohio. Five (5) drivers
- #822 – $4500 per driver per race weekend for Mid Ohio. Five (5) drivers
- #177 – $4500 per driver per race weekend for Mid Ohio. Five (5) drivers
- Quality Inn, Bellville, OH – reservations made. Contact us for details
- At bottom of this page complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
Important Notes: Unpaid or partially paid applicants are subject to cancellation without notice. Detailed communications provided in advance of races.
Further questions and how to get involved, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. UNBELIEVABLE FUN!
Log in if you already have an account with us.