Date(s) - May 11, 2019 - May 12, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Calabogie Motorsports Park
THE SERIES & THE RACING: Lucky Dog Racing Canada (LDRC) is the successor to the ChumpCar Canada endurance series we’ve raced in previous years. It remains a “series of automotive endurance races held on premier road race courses across Canada”. Since 2014, we have participated in races at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport), Shannonville Motorsports Park (SMP), Calabogie Motorsports Park, and Watkins Glen International (WGI) with our VW Rabbit GTi Mk1 #666 Cereal Killa. In 2019, DriveTeq plans to take part in the 2 races at Calabogie Motorsports Park and 1 at Shannonville Motorsports Park.
The change from ChumpCar to LDRC is simple – ChumpCar grouped race cars by a predetermined valve based on age and modifications as well as engine displacement. LDRC groups cars by lap time during a qualifying period to begin each race weekend. In each case, the cars are required to be properly prepared with racing safety equipment.
DriveTeq’s emphasis is on the following:
- Seat time;
- Driver safety;
- Introducing driver education lappers to racing;
- Team fun; and
- All on a modest budget!
All of the events are endurance race formats with 40 minutes of qualifying on Saturday morning, 7 hours of racing on Saturday, and a full, grueling 8 hours of racing on Sunday. Overall, we expect at least 16 hours (or more) of drama, comedy, dance, and lots of fun. There are reasonably detailed rules of participation but the bar for racing experience is relatively low provided you are prepared properly. If you’d like to know more about the series, you can visit https://racelucky.ca/.
- #666 – Our sweet VW Rabbit GTi Mk1 race car has survived our first 5 years of ChumpCarCanada. Cleverly disguised as a box of breakfast cereal, our Cereal Killa has brought down many a knight in shining armour. We have often heard on their retreat “Run away, run away”. The car handles very well and is reasonably fast on the straights. An absolute blast to drive. Safety – FIA approved roll cage, fire suppression system, fuel cell, front and rear bumpers, 2-way radio, and lights to name a few things.
- #667 – Our brawny VW Golf GTi Mk4 race car will makes its debut in 2019. The striking blue OCC Lasik livery is our welter-weight hard punching barn-stormer with roots in European endurance racing for the last couple of years. Tremendous road feel, handling, and power are the hallmark of this bruiser. Safety accessories exceed LDRC and local CASC requirements.
TRACK/LOCATION: Calabogie Motorsports Park (CMP), Calabogie, ON, near Ottawa. Designed by Allan Wilson and opened in 2006. Twenty turns, 5.05km (3.05mi), blind corners, elevation changes, and high tech asphalt make this track a must-drive.
EVENT DATE: May 11-12, 2019 – Calabogie.
PARTICIPATION: Subject to agreement to terms and conditions contained in the DriveTeq Racing Agreement.
THE TEAM FORMAT: We are running a program that is consistent with our philosophy which is to have a lot of laughs racing cheap cars cheaply and safely. The program will be well organized, professional and efficient. We also want everyone to get a lot of seat time without killing you. We will have 4 drivers per car per race day and will try to best divide the driving equally.
COST ELEMENTS: We have worked out a budget based upon the team structure set above. The cost per person includes:
- Race car build, set up and ongoing maintenance (tires, fluids, brakes, duct tape, expected general repairs)
- DriveTeq team personnel travel, food and accommodation
- Race entry fees
- DriveTeq team equipment
- DriveTeq race car gas
- DriveTeq race collision insurance, $3000 deductible, NOT over-revs
- DriveTeq team administration, organization and insurance
- Miscellaneous event costs
Cost exclusions for each LDRC Racer are transportation to events, accommodation, food and annual LDRC participant licensing fees ($50+HST). You will need to get a fire suit, shoes, socks, underwear and gloves, HANS device and a Snell 2010 or better closed face helmet, preferably with built-in communication.
COST PER RACE WEEKEND:
- #666 – $3250+HST ($3672.50) per driver per race weekend.
- At bottom of this page, select the race car and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
Important Notes: Unpaid or partially paid applicants are subject to cancellation without notice.
SCHEDULE: All races are on Saturday and Sunday. The planned 2019 racing schedule is:
- May 11-12 – CALABOGIE MOTORSPORTS PARK
- July 20-21 – SHANNONVILLE MOTORSPORTS PARK
- August 24-25 – CALABOGIE MOTORSPORTS PARK
Further questions and how to get involved, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. UNBELIEVABLE FUN!
Bookings are closed for this event.