Date(s) - February 22, 2019
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Event: Extreme Winter Advanced Driver Training Day featuring an icy circuit (peanut shaped) at the Minden Fairgrounds. Home of weekend Ice Racing in Ontario for over 25 years (http://www.casc.on.ca/iceracing). Program will test and improve all levels of drivers in their own vehicles on a low friction surface (0.08G). Explore the many hazards of winter driving – braking, cornering, lane change and skidding on ice. Goal is to improve every driver’s extreme winter driving experience and improve their confidence. Organized by DriveTeq.
Date: February 22, 2019 (Friday)
Travel Info: Estimate 2.5 hours driving from GTA.
Event Format: 1-Day event; 2 group format (Novice/Intermediate, Intermediate/Advanced); 3 hours+ track time /day.
1. Lapping for qualified drivers with formal track experience.
2. Novice Program includes the followings:
- Classroom Theory – understanding the fundamentals of car control;
- Supervised In-car Practise – group format; experiencing car control and exploring your limits;
- Skills Focus – Vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control.
3. Intermediate to Advanced Program includes the following:
- Review & discussion;
- Practise advanced driving techniques like visual vectoring, multi-input steering, trail-steering, transitioning.
- Qualified lappers, $350+HST, pre-registered, $500+HST ($565) at gate)
- Students, $500+HST ($565), pre-registered
- Studded Ice Racer Rental: New for 2019, details – Lexus – rear-drive car, studded tires, auto tranny, 2-seats, heater box – $400+HST ($452) per driver
Accommodation: Thursday, February 21st – Recommend – Pinestone Resort & Conference Centre, 4252 County Road 21, Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0. Reservations at 705-457-1800. Identify yourself as part of the DriveTeq group. Resort Room, 2 double beds. Rate is $135+HST on or before February 14, 2019, subject to availability. Cancellation up to 7 days prior arrival, otherwise full payment taken. Check-in time is 4:00pm.
Dinner: Thursday, February 21st – Recommend – TBA. Advise Gerry or Rick that you would like to join the group.
- Helmet for drivers with studded tires recommended;
- All meals are the responsibility of the driver. See dinner recommendation above;
- Accommodation is the responsibility of the driver. See recommendation above.
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
DriveTeq needs 10 participating drivers to hold each event.
Please call Gerry at 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730 for more information.
Bookings are closed for this event.