Date(s) - February 25, 2021
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Pinestone Resort & Conference Centre
Ready: This winter events’ have proven to be unusually difficult. First, we lost our venue due to community COVID-19 concerns in Minden. Undeterred, we visited a neighbouring Haliburton community that would welcome us to operate (within Provincial Guidelines) on water, now ice. Only in the last week has the ice been thick enough to drive on. Here we go…
Set: We will operate our Extreme Winter Driver Training event for 12 drivers each day on February 25, 26, and 27 (Thursday to Saturday) and weather permitting, Thursday to Saturday on the following week. Have a group of 12 drivers and want your own event, contact us.
DriveTeq will meet and/or exceed the resident Provincial guidelines (Orange – Control).
Go: Register now as there is only a limited number of places for each event day.
Event: Extreme Winter Advanced Driver Training Day on an icy circuit will be held on the pond at the Pinestone Resort & Conference Centre, Haliburton, Ontario. The pond is about 1m (39in) deep with 36cm+ (14in+) plus of ice. Program designed to test and improve the skills of all drivers either in their OWN VEHICLES OR BETTER, in our low-cost automatic transmission, rear-wheel drive, heated, studded tire rentals on a low friction surface. This incredible experience to train on ice on a closed-road/(pond) course is designed to improve each driver’s car control skills and confidence to later utilize during the “fair-weather” season on wet and dry pavement. We help folks accomplish their driving goals with lots of seat time coupled with lower speed, lower grip fun, in a controlled environment. Participants can challenge themselves by driving to/at the limit of the vehicle’s grip while accelerating, braking, and cornering with other drivers in the most extreme winter conditions. Don’t miss out on this limited opportunity to practice with slippery conditions to build great driving skills, all while having incredible FUN. Organized by DriveTeq.
Date: February 25, 2021 (Thursday)
Full List of Dates: February 25, 26, 27 (Thursday to Saturday), 2021. Weather permitting, Thursday to Saturday on the following week. Other dates are available for private events.
Travel Info: Estimate 2.5 hours driving from GTA.
Event Format: 1-Day event; 2 group format (Intermediate, Advanced); est. 2 hours+ track time /day.
1. Training/lapping for qualified intermediate and advanced drivers with formal track experience.
2. Optional half-day coaching geared to each individual. Focus on vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control as well as advanced driving techniques like visual vectoring, multi-input steering, trail-steering, and transitioning.
- Qualified lappers, $450+HST, pre-registered, $600+HST ($678), within 24 hours of the event if space
- Coaching (shared) $350+HST ($395.50), pre-registered
- Studded Ice Racer Rental: Lexus – rear-drive car, studded tires, auto tranny, 2-seats, heater box – $500+HST ($565.00) per driver
Accommodation: IS RIGHT NEXT TO THE CIRCUIT! Wednesday, February 24th – Recommend – Pinestone Resort & Conference Centre, 4252 County Road 21, Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0. Reservations at 705-457-1800 or online at http://www.ascendcollection.com/CNB71?srp=LDRIVE. Resort Room, 2 double beds. DriveTeq daily preferred guestroom rate from Sunday to Thursday is $115+HST, Friday and Saturday is $135+HST. all subject to availability. Use the code “DRIVE” to identify our group. Cancellation up to 24 hours prior arrival, otherwise full payment taken. Check-in time is 4:00pm.
Dinner: Wednesday, February 24th – Recommend – Pinestone, socially distanced. Advise Gerry or Rick that you would like to join the group.
- Helmet for drivers with studded tires recommended;
- Rental cars, additional terms and conditions will apply;
- No refund due to weather or mechanical issues. Event will be operated ice, snow, rain and/or shine;
- All meals are the responsibility of the driver. See dinner recommendation above;
- Accommodation is the responsibility of the driver. See recommendation above.
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
Please call Gerry at 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730 for more information.
Bookings are closed for this event.