Date(s) - April 29, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
COVID-19: DriveTeq will meet all provincial, municipal, and venue regulations/restrictions re COVID-19 at the time of the event. Notice of such regulations/restrictions will be by a driver confirmation email about a week prior to every event. Stay safe.
Track/Location: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Grand Prix Course (GP), (Mosport), Bowmanville, ON. Mosport is the fastest track in North America and third in the world. It has ten challenging and thrilling corners, six of which are blind. Let us help you safely enjoy your vehicle with other like-minded drivers. Track provider is DriveTeq.
Event Date: April 29, 2022 (Friday)
DriveTeq GP Event Dates (15): April 29, May 5*, May 13*, May 31, June 14, June 15*, June 27, July 11, July 26, August 16, August 29, September 12, September 26, October 6, October 17
DriveTeq DDT Event Dates (4): April 24, May 6, June 19, August 28*
* denotes “Specialty”:
- Two (2) Group Intermediate/Advanced event; or
- Three (3) Group driver education/Group 133 sprint race series race event
- For details, please visit specific event date information page in our schedule
Event Format: 1-Day event; 3 group format (Novice & Intermediate 1 combined, Intermediate 2, and Advanced); lots of track time/day. Controlled passing in designated areas with a signal/point-by. Program designed to safely introduce Novice drivers to the track through classroom discussion, skills development exercises, and on-track in-car instruction. Intermediate 1 drivers will forgo the classroom and exercises and will be trained by our on-track in-car coaches until such time that they can successfully solo. Intermediate 2 and Advanced drivers will be evaluated and coached to meet each driver’s needs.
- Track Novice Program – Supervised Study
- Classroom Theory – understand the fundamentals of car control;
- Supervised Car Control Exercises – experience the fundamentals of car control in a safe dedicated area;
- On-track in-car Group Coaching – experience driving on a track (closed road) to explore the skills of the driver and limits of the vehicle. Skills Focus – vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control.
- Track Intermediate 1 Program – Transition to Solo Study
- Set goals & discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques with a on-track in-car coach.
- Track Intermediate 2 Program – Solo (Independent) Study; Developing Critical Car Control Skills
- Set personal goals with an option to discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques like visual vectoring, multi-input steering, G. loading, trail-steering, transitioning, heel & toe shifting, and driving in traffic and be mindful of the concepts of situational awareness and mechanical sympathy.
- Track Advanced Program – Solo (Independent) Study; Highly Developed Critical Car Control Skills
- High-functioning exceptionally experienced track drivers that are training to maximize the many cognitive and physical skills of inter-active track driving;
- Lots of track time with like drivers.
Regular Cost: $700+HST ($791.00). Payment in advance by interac e-transfer or cheque to DriveTeq.
* To be used in 2022
- Helmets (Snell 2015, later) for Intermediate and Advanced, mandatory. Helmet rental – $30+HST ($33.90). Please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer not less than 48 hours in advance;
- On-track in-car or follow-the-leader (FTL) group instruction dependent on COVID-19 threat at time of event;
- Lunch and water provided for all drivers. Guests dependent on COVID-19 threat at time of event. If allowed, please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer not less than 48 hours in advance;
- Anatomy of a DriveTeq DE track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2015/03/anatomy-of-a-driveteq-driver-education-track-day/
- Preparing for a DriveTeq track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2018/02/preparing-for-a-driveteq-local-track-day/
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
- Early payment discounts will only be honoured if the funds are received by DriveTeq within the payment window noted above; and,
- Unpaid or partially paid applicants are subject to cancellation without notice.
Terms & Conditions:
- Tech inspection STRONGLY SUGGESTED prior to event;
- No refund due to weather, mechanical issues, other; event is operated rain or shine
Further questions, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. PROFESSIONALLY OPERATED, EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, HUGE FUN !
Bookings are closed for this event.