Date(s) - September 26, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Track/Location: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Grand Prix Course (GP), (Mosport), Bowmanville, ON. Mosport is the fastest track in North America and third in the world. It has ten challenging and thrilling corners, six of which are blind. Let us help you safely enjoy your vehicle with other like-minded drivers. Track provider is DriveTeq.
Event Date: September 26, 2023 (Tuesday)
DriveTeq GP Event Dates (13): April 28, May 12, May 30*, June 13, June 14*, June 26, July 11, July 25, August 8, August 22*, September 11, September 26, October 6
DriveTeq DDT Event Dates (2): April 23*, June 18*
* denotes “Specialty”:
- Two (2) Group Intermediate/Advanced event; or
- Three (3) Group driver education/Group 133 sprint race series race event
- For details, please visit specific event date information page in our schedule
Event Format: 1-Day event; 3 group format (Novice & Intermediate 1 combined, Intermediate 2, and Advanced); lots of track time/day. Controlled passing in designated areas with a signal/point-by. Program designed to safely introduce Novice drivers to the track through classroom discussion, skills development exercises, and on-track in-car instruction. Intermediate 1 drivers will forgo the classroom and exercises and will be trained by our on-track in-car coaches until such time that they can successfully solo. Intermediate 2 and Advanced drivers will be evaluated and coached to meet each driver’s needs.
- Track Novice Program – Supervised Study
- Classroom Theory – understand the fundamentals of car control;
- Supervised Car Control Exercises – experience the fundamentals of car control in a safe dedicated area;
- On-track in-car Group Coaching – experience driving on a track (closed road) to explore the skills of the driver and limits of the vehicle. Skills Focus – vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control.
- Track Intermediate 1 Program – Transition to Solo Study
- Set goals & discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques with a on-track in-car coach.
- Track Intermediate 2 Program – Solo (Independent) Study; Developing Critical Car Control Skills
- Set personal goals with an option to discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques like visual vectoring, multi-input steering, G. loading, trail-steering, transitioning, heel & toe shifting, and driving in traffic and be mindful of the concepts of situational awareness and mechanical sympathy.
- Track Advanced Program – Solo (Independent) Study; Highly Developed Critical Car Control Skills
- High-functioning exceptionally experienced track drivers that are training to maximize the many cognitive and physical skills of inter-active track driving;
- Lots of track time with like drivers.
Regular Cost: $725+HST ($819.25). Payment in advance by interac e-transfer or cheque to DriveTeq.
- No refund due to weather or mechanical issues. Event is operated rain or shine;
- Helmets (Snell 2015, later) for Intermediate SOLO and Advanced, mandatory. Helmet w/ balaclava rental – $40+HST ($45.20). Please reserve and send an interac e-transfer to [email protected] not less than 48 hours in advance;
- Lunch and water provided for all drivers. Additional lunches for non-driving participants will be charged $35+HST ($39.55) each and MUST be booked and paid 48 hours in advance. Please email the guests first and last name and send an interac e-transfer to [email protected]
- No passengers without prior approval;
- No minors without prior approval;
- Anatomy of a DriveTeq DE track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2015/03/anatomy-of-a-driveteq-driver-education-track-day/
- Preparing for a DriveTeq track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2018/02/preparing-for-a-driveteq-local-track-day/
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
- Early payment discounts will only be honoured if the funds are received by DriveTeq within the payment window noted above; and,
- Unpaid or partially paid applicants are subject to cancellation without notice.
Terms & Conditions:
- Tech inspection STRONGLY SUGGESTED prior to event;
- No refund due to weather, mechanical issues, other; event is operated rain or shine
Further questions, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. PROFESSIONALLY OPERATED, EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, HUGE FUN !
Bookings are closed for this event.