Date(s) - June 1, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Special Note: COVID-19 pandemic protocols, particularly the need for safe social distancing will impact some of our standard operating practices as outlined below. Once our protocols are approved by CTMP, it will be sent to each driver that has registered for this event. We want to safely get back to the track.
Track/Location: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Grand Prix Course (GP), (Mosport), Bowmanville, ON. Mosport is the fastest track in North America and third in the world. It has ten thrilling corners. Excellent conference facilities and ample exercise areas. More days at the big track, more coaching, more skills developed, more fun. Track provider is DriveTeq.
Event Date: June 1, 2020 (Monday)
DriveTeq GP Event Dates (12): May 1, May 19, June 1, June 16, June 26, July 14, July 28, August 18, August 31, September 15, September 29, October 8
DriveTeq DDT Event Dates (3): April 26, May 8, June 21
Event Format: 1-Day event;
3 2+ group format ( Novice, Intermediate, Advanced); lots of track time/day. Controlled passing in designated areas with a signal/point-by. Program designed to safely introduce Novice drivers to the track through classroom discussion, skills development exercises, and on-track training. Intermediate and Advanced drivers will be evaluated and coached to meet each driver’s needs.
Track Novice Program – Supervised Study Classroom Theory – understand the fundamentals of car control; Supervised Car Control Exercises – experience the fundamentals of car control in a safe dedicated area; In-car Group Coaching – experience driving on a track (closed road) to explore the skills of the driver and limits of the vehicle. Skills Focus – Vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control.
2. Track Intermediate Program – Transition from Supervised to Solo Study
- Set goals & discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques like visual vectoring, multi-input steering, G. loading, trail-steering, transitioning, heel & toe shifting, and driving in traffic and be mindful of the concepts of situational awareness and mechanical sympathy.
3. Track Advanced Program – Solo (Independent) Study
- High-functioning exceptionally experienced track drivers that are training to maximize the many cognitive and physical skills of inter-active track driving;
- Lots of track time with like drivers.
Cost: $675+HST ($762.75). Payment in advance by interac e-transfer or cheque to DriveTeq.
- Payment received 2 weeks prior to the event – cost is $625+HST ($706.25)
* To be used in 2020
- Helmets (Snell 2010, later) for Intermediate and Advanced, mandatory. Helmet rental – $30+HST ($33.90). Please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer in advance;
- In-car group instruction;
- Lunch and water provided for all drivers. Guest charge is $30+HST ($33.90) each. Please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer in advance;
- Anatomy of a DriveTeq DE track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2015/03/anatomy-of-a-driveteq-driver-education-track-day/
- Preparing for a DriveTeq track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2018/02/preparing-for-a-driveteq-local-track-day/
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
- Early payment discounts will only be honoured if the funds are received by DriveTeq within the payment window noted above; and,
- Unpaid or partially paid applicants are subject to cancellation without notice.
Terms & Conditions:
- Tech inspection STRONGLY SUGGESTED prior to event;
- No refund due to weather, mechanical issues, other; event is operated rain or shine
Further questions, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. PROFESSIONALLY OPERATED, TERRIFIC DAYS, GREAT FUN !
Bookings are closed for this event.