Date(s) - June 23, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Track/Location: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Driver Development Track (DDT), Bowmanville, ON. The DDT is home to the Bridgestone Racing Academy. Perfect training facility – large exercise area, skidpad, and technically challenging 3km multi-elevation training track. Celebrating the summer solstice and plenty of daylight without the traditional chanting. Track provider is DriveTeq.
Event Date: June 23, 2019 (Sunday)
DriveTeq GP Event Dates (12): May 3, May 21, June 11, June 28, July 16, July 22, July 30, August 15, September 4, September 16, October 1, October 10
DriveTeq DDT Event Dates (3): April 28, May 10, June 23
Event Format: 1-Day event; 3 group format (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced); lots of track time/day. Controlled passing in designated areas with a signal/point-by. Program designed to safely introduce Novice drivers to the track through classroom discussion, skills development exercises, and on-track training. Intermediate and Advanced drivers will evaluated and coached to meet each driver’s needs.
1. Track Novice Program – Supervised Study
- Classroom Theory – understand the fundamentals of car control;
- Supervised Car Control Exercises – experience the fundamentals of car control in a safe dedicated area;
- In-car Group Coaching – experience driving on a track (closed road) to explore the skills of the driver and limits of the vehicle. Skills Focus – Vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control.
2. Track Intermediate Program – Transition from Supervised to Solo Study
- Set goals & discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques like visual vectoring, multi-input steering, G. loading, trail-steering, transitioning, heel & toe shifting, and driving in traffic and be mindful of the concepts of situational awareness and mechanical sympathy.
3. Track Advanced Program – Solo (Independent) Study
- High-functioning exceptionally experienced track drivers that are training to maximize the many cognitive and physical skills of inter-active track driving;
- Lots of track time with like drivers.
Cost: $450+HST ($508.50). Payment in advance by interac e-transfer or cheque to DriveTeq.
- Helmets (Snell 2010, later) for Intermediate and Advanced, mandatory. Helmet rental – $30+HST ($33.90). Please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer in advance;
- In-car group instruction;
- Lunch and water provided for all drivers. Guest charge is $30+HST ($33.90) each. Please reserve and pay by interact e-transfer in advance;
- Anatomy of a DriveTeq DE track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2015/03/anatomy-of-a-driveteq-driver-education-track-day/
- Preparing for a DriveTeq track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2018/02/preparing-for-a-driveteq-local-track-day/
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
Important Notes: 1. Early payment discounts will only be honoured if the funds are received by DriveTeq within the payment window noted above; and, 2. Unpaid or partially paid applicants are subject to cancellation without notice.
Terms & Conditions:
- Tech inspection STRONGLY SUGGESTED prior to event;
- No refund due to weather, mechanical issues, other;
Further questions, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. PROFESSIONALLY OPERATED, TERRIFIC DAYS, GREAT FUN !
Bookings are closed for this event.