Date(s) - April 23, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Track/Location: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Driver Development Track (DDT), Bowmanville, ON. Perfect training facility – classroom, large exercise area, skidpad, and technically challenging 3km multi-elevation training track. Great event for all groups to start the season. Track provider is DriveTeq.
Event Date: April 23, 2022 (Sunday)
DriveTeq GP Event Dates (13): April 28, May 12, May 30*, June 13, June 14*, June 26, July 11, July 25, August 8, August 22*, September 11, September 26, October 6
DriveTeq DDT Event Dates (2): April 23*, June 18*
* denotes “Specialty”:
- Two (2) Group Intermediate/Advanced event; or
- Three (3) Group driver education/Group 133 sprint race series race event
- For details, please visit specific event date information page in our schedule
Event Format: 1-Day event; 3 group format (Novice & Intermediate 1 combined,SOLO Experienced, & Group 133 Sprint Race); lots of track time/day. Program designed to safely introduce Novice drivers to the track through classroom discussion, skills development exercises, and on-track in-car instruction. Intermediate 1 drivers will forgo the classroom and exercises and will be trained by our on-track in-car coaches until such time that they can successfully solo. Experienced SOLO (Intermediate 2 and Advanced combined) drivers will be evaluated and coached to meet each driver’s needs. For SOLO drivers, controlled passing in designated areas with a signal/point-by. For Group 133 racers, program designed for both experienced racers and to safely introduce qualified drivers to sprint racing.
Track Group 1
Track Novice Program – Supervised Study
- Classroom Theory – understand the fundamentals of car control;
- Supervised Car Control Exercises – experience the fundamentals of car control in a safe dedicated area;
- On-track in-car Group Coaching – experience driving on a track (closed road) to explore the skills of the driver and limits of the vehicle. Skills Focus – vision, grip, car dynamics, braking, cornering and skid control.
Track Intermediate 1 Program – Transition to Solo Study
- Set goals & discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques with a on-track in-car coach.
Track Group 2
Track Intermediate 2 Program – Solo (Independent) Study; Developing Critical Car Control Skills
- Set personal goals with an option to discuss implementation milestones with a coach;
- Lots of track time with like drivers;
- Practise advanced driving techniques like visual vectoring, multi-input steering, G. loading, trail-steering, transitioning, heel & toe shifting, and driving in traffic and be mindful of the concepts of situational awareness and mechanical sympathy.
Track Advanced Program – Solo (Independent) Study; Highly Developed Critical Car Control Skills
- High-functioning exceptionally experienced track drivers that are training to maximize the many cognitive and physical skills of inter-active track driving;
- Lots of track time with like drivers.
Track Group 3
Group 133 Sprint Race Program – the next level to utilize critical driving skills and develop racecraft
- Sessions include 1 practice (@20 min), 1 qualifying session or race (@~20 min), and 3 races (@~20 mins)
- Rule Set (incl. driver quali, safety gear & car tech) & Cost $500+HST
Regular Cost for DE Drivers: $500+HST ($565). Payment in advance by interac e-transfer or cheque to DriveTeq.
Early Payment Discounts for DE drivers:
- Payment received by February 28, 2023 – $450+HST ($508.50)
- Payment received 2 weeks prior to event – $475+HST ($536.75)
* To be used in 2023
Cost for G133: $500+HST ($565). Payment in advance by interac e-transfer or cheque to DriveTeq.
- No refund due to weather or mechanical issues. Event is operated rain or shine;
- Helmets (Snell 2015, later) for Intermediate SOLO and Advanced, mandatory. Helmet w/ balaclava rental – $40+HST ($45.20). Please reserve and send an interac e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org not less than 48 hours in advance;
- Lunch and water provided for all drivers. Additional lunches for non-driving participants will be charged $35+HST ($39.55) each and MUST be booked and paid 48 hours in advance. Please email the guests first and last name and send an interac e-transfer to email@example.com
- No passengers without prior approval;
- No minors without prior approval;
- Anatomy of a DriveTeq DE track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2015/03/anatomy-of-a-driveteq-driver-education-track-day/
- Preparing for a DriveTeq track day, click https://driveteq.ca/2018/02/preparing-for-a-driveteq-local-track-day/
- At bottom of this page, select your appropriate driver training group and complete the Booking process;
- You will receive a “Booking Pending” email;
- On our approval, a “Booking Confirmed” email will be delivered with event details, total remittance amount, and payment instructions (interac e-transfer or cheque); and
- Payment will complete the registration process.
- Early payment discounts will only be honoured if the funds are received by DriveTeq within the payment window noted above; and,
- Unpaid or partially paid applicants are subject to cancellation without notice.
Terms & Conditions:
- Tech inspection STRONGLY SUGGESTED prior to event;
- No refund due to weather, mechanical issues, other; event is operated rain or shine
Further questions, please call Gerry 416 809-6803 or Rick 416 938-2730. PROFESSIONALLY OPERATED, EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION, HUGE FUN !
Log in if you already have an account with us.